1. It is possible for scientists and tourists to travel to remote natural environments, such as the South Pole. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people think that the age limit for driving should be increased in order to make driving safer. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some working parents believe that childcare centers can provide best care for children, while others think family members like grandparents can do this job better. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Some people think that in order to continue improving the quality of highs school education, student should be encouraged to evaluate and criticize their teachers, while others assume this could result in the loss of respect and discipline in the classroom. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. Some people prefer to provide help and support directly to those who need it in their local community. Others, however, prefer to give money to national and international charity organization. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6. Some people believe that the increasing business and culture exchange between different countries is a positive phenomenon. However, others believe that this could lead to loss of national identities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people think that the environment problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that the problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take some actions. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. In some countries, more adults choose to continue to live with their parents even after they have graduated and found jobs. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?
9. Those foods that have scientifically been proven to be bad for health should not be allowed to be sold in stores. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Some people think it is acceptable to use animals in any way for the benefit of human beings, while others argue that it is wrong to exploit animals for human purposes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11. People today are surrounded by all kinds of advertisements. Advertising influences what people think is important and has negative influences on people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Economic progress is one way to measure the success of a country. Some people think other factors are also important. What other factors should be considered. Of these factors, do you think anyone is more important than the others?
13. More and more people want to buy products from famous brands such as clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
14. There is a tendency that the news reported in the media focus on problems and emergencies rather than the positive developments. It is harmful to both the individual and our society. Do you agree or disagree?